Research stages and fellowships for academic staff and recognized researchers who have already obtained the doctor title in the Computers and Information Technology (CIT) or System Engineering (SE) domains:
- DAAD research fellowships for academic staff and researchers
- Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers
DAAD research fellowships for academic staff and researchers
- Description of the DAAD post doc program for researchers
- Informations about acceptance of coordination / letter of invitation
- Instructions: access to the DAAD portal
- The DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austausch Dienst / Serviciul German de Schimb Academic) fellowships offer to foreign researchers the possibility to perform a research stage in Germany. The funding offer addresses different qualification levels or career steps.
- The main objective of this program is to support short-stay research stages for experience exchange among colleagues and creation of professional specialty networks.
Who can apply?
- Teaching personnel from universities and recognized researchers who, as a rule, must already have the title of doctor and be employed by a higher education institution or research institute in Romania may apply for this fellowship.
What is funded?
- Research stages in a public higher education institution / higher education institution certified by the state or in a research institute having a similar statute in Germany. A research stage may be also carried out in several institutions.
- Funding of such a research stage can be granted only once every three years.
- Trips to deliver a presentation or to attend scientific conferences are not funded.
Duration of the fellowship
- The duration of a research stage is from 1 to 3 months. The decision is taken by a jury function of the proposed research project and work plan.
- The fellowship cannot be extended.
The value of the stipend
The monthly value of the stipend is:
- 2.000 Euro for pentru assistants, associated professors and young senior readers
- 2.150 Euro for university professors
In addition to this stipend, DAAD pays a lump sum for the trip, except for the situation when these costs are taken over by the country of origin or by third parties. Other sums cannot be granted.
The selection is made by an independent jury. The main criteria are:
- The scientific activity and recent publications, documented in the CV and in a list of publications.
- A credible and well-planned research project.
- The candidates must be employed by a Romanian institution of higher education or research.
- The research project must be discussed with the scientific partner from the German host institution. A workplace must be made available for the candidate. The stage can be performed in English, if the parts agree.
- The application process is performed on-line through the DAAD portal. You must send additionally 1 copy of the “Application summary” (PDF), generated by the portal at the end of the on-line application, at the address indicated for file submission.
- The access to the DAAD portal opens approximately 6 months before the deadline for file submission.
- To reach the application, select from the fellowship database at www.funding-guide.de the desired funding program. From this point you will be further directed towards the portal, by accessing “Submitting an application”.
1. Documents to be uploaded in the DAAD portal:
- On-line form requesting the grant
- Curriculum Vitae (table format, max. 3 pages)
- List of publications (max. 3 pages)
- Research project (max.10 pages)
- Detailed work plan, includes the duration of the research carried out in each place (host institutions / scientific partners)
- Written confirmation of the scientific cooperation from the host (hosts), which refers to the research project and certifies the host’s availability to offer the applicant a workplace.
2. Documents to be sent by regular mail:
- „Application summary”: printed version of the PDF document generated by the DAAD portal upon finalizing the online application; 1 copy should be sent at the address provided to submit the file.
Application deadlines will be announced at:
Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Kulturreferat / DAAD-Stipendien
6-8 Cpt. Av. Gh. Demetriade str.
Information Centre DAAD
61 Buzești str., Bl. A6, Ap.59
011013 Bucharest, Romania
Tel.: 0040/21 310 15 40
For further information and personal counselling you may contact the DAAD representative in the University Politehnica of Bucharest (a list of DAAD representatives is available at www.daad.ro).
Humboldt Research Fellowship for Postdoctoral Researchers
Submit an application if you are a researcher from abroad with above average qualifications, at the beginning of your academic career and only completed your doctorate in the last four years. A Humboldt Research Fellowship for postdoctoral researchers allows you to carry out long-term research (6-24 months) in Germany. Applicants choose their own topic of research and their academic host (https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/humboldt-fellowship-postdoc.html )
Scientists and scholars of all nationalities and disciplines may apply to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation online at any time. The Humboldt Foundation grants approximately 500 Humboldt Research Fellowships for postdoctoral researchers and experienced researchers annually. Short-term study visits, participation in congresses and training courses cannot be financed.