SD_AC own bylaw
The own Bylaw of the Doctoral school Automatic Control and Computers (SD_AC) complies with the Academic Chart and the Bylaw concerning the organization and realization of doctorate study programs in the University Politehnica of Bucharest (UPB) 2018, acknowledging all major conditions stipulated by these documents, adapting some of them to the context of the doctorate domains “System Engineering” and “Computers and Information Technology”, and adding own specific items to the framework created by these two documents.
The own SD_AC Bylaw has been conceived by the SD_AC Council and validated by the universal, direct, secret si equal vote of the majority of the SD_AC members in the meeting of the Doctoral school held in January 23, 2019. The SD_AC Bylaw has been then approved by the Council of Academic Doctorate Studies (CSUD) on February 6, 2019.
The own SD_AC Bylaw includes the following major sections:
- Chapter I. General guidelines: Legal frame, directives; General principles
- Chapter II. SD_AC organization: Membership, Management structure
- Chapter III. SD_AC assignments: Admission in the doctorate study programs; Organising the learning program based on advanced academic studies; Coordinating the individual Ph.D. research program; Coordinating and finalizing the doctorate study programs.
- Chapter IV. Postdoctoral advanced research programs: admission, organization
- Chapter V. SD_AC budget and management
- Chapter VI. Internal quality assurance of IS and CTI doctoral programs
- Chapter VII. Final specifications
The SD_AC Council sets up own bylaws and methodologies concerning the organization and effecting the doctorate academic studies in the ”System Engineering” (SE) and ”Computers and IT” (CIT) domains, which are adopted by the General assembly of the SD_AC members.
The Methodology for the admission of foreign Ph.D. students from non-UE countries in the SE and CIT doctorate programs has been created and adopted in 2016.