Legal working framework of SD_AC
The Doctoral school of Automatic Control and Computers (SD_AC) of the University Politehnica of Bucharest (UPB) works in the framework established by:
- The Law of national education no. 1/2011;
- The Code of academic studies of doctorate approved through the Government Decision no. 681/2011, which represents the legal framework that regularises the organisation and implementing of the academic studies of doctorate in Romania;
- The modification and complementing of the Code of academic studies of doctorate approved through the Government Decision no. 134/2016.
This legal framework has been applied in the University Politehnica of Bucharest through:
- The Bylaw of 2011 concerning the organization and carrying out of doctoral study programs in UPB. This Bylaw contains the general principles of organizing doctorate studies, the rights and duties of the Ph.D. student and scientific coordinator, the conditions to work out and defend the doctoral thesis and to obtain the Ph.D. scientific title.
- The Bylaw of 2012 regarding the organization of Doctoral schools in UPB. This Bylaw defines the guidelines to organise these academic structures for the 3rd higher education cycle.
The establishment of the Doctoral school of Automatic Control and Computers has been proposed by the UPB Senate, validated by the Executive Bureau of UPB, and approved by UPB’s Council for Doctoral Studies (CSUD) in 2012.