The Doctoral school of Automatic Control and Computers invites the Ph.D. students doing at present their doctorate programs and their scientific coordinators to participate in technical and scientific events organized for students and in prestigious international scientific conferences announced for the period 2020-2021, having topics in the doctorate domains ”System Engineering” and ”Computers and Information Technology”.
You have the possibility to present results of the research carried out in the doctoral programs, to exchange ideas with researchers working in close scientific domains, and to publish the presented papers in the proceedings volumes of these conferences and in special issues of journals indexed in international, recognized databases and digital libraries.
Scientific events of interest in 2020-2021:
- 4th International Conference on Control, Automation and Diagnosis (ICCAD 2020)
- 10th Workshop on Service Oriented, Holonic and Multi-Agent Manufacturing Systems for Industry of the Future (SOHOMA 2020)
- 24th International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing (ICSTCC 2020)
- 17th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing (INCOM 2021)
4th International Conference on Control, Automation and Diagnosis (ICCAD), 1-3 July 2020, Paris, France
The conference is a forum for presenting excellent results and new challenges facing the field of the reliability and availability of Control, Automation and Diagnosis.
- Computational Intelligence
- Human-machine Interactions
- Artificial Intelligence Methods for Diagnosis
Authors of selected outstanding papers will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers for consideration of publication in the following journals: Computers in Industry (ISI Thomson IF: 2.850), Asian Journal of Control (ISI Thomson IF: 1.528) and Acta Polytechnica Hungarica (ISI Thomson IF: 1.286)
- Deadline submission: March 31, 2020
- Deadline for paper submission: April 10, 2020
- Full paper evaluation notification: April 25, 2020
- Full paper camera ready submission: May 10, 2020
- Full paper author registration: May 10, 2020
10th Workshop on Service Oriented, Holonic and Multi-Agent Manufacturing Systems for Industry of the Future (SOHOMA), 1-2 October 2020, Paris, France
The main objective of SOHOMA Workshops is to foster innovation in smart and sustainable manufacturing and logistics systems and in this context to promote concepts, methods and solutions for the digital transformation of manufacturing through service orientation in holonic and agent-based control with distributed intelligence. The theme of the SOHOMA’2020 Workshop is “Manufacturing as a Service – virtualizing and encapsulating manufacturing resources and controls into cloud networked services”.
SOHOMA 2020 is devoted to emerging Industry 4.0-based Smart Factories implemented through Cyber-Physical Production Systems with integrated resources, sharing information and coordinating their behaviours among each other, adapting to reality and organizing at runtime to optimize at different levels (planning, production, maintenance, energy consumption, etc). With advances in the Industrial Internet of Things, Edge- and Fog Computing, the growing amount of data extracted from the shop floor motivates the research for new Information, Control and Communication technologies (IC2T) such as digital twin, big data analytics, cloud services and artificial intelligence, applied for agility, reality awareness, optimization, and a shift from diagnosis to prognosis in controlling the consumption and cost of energy in manufacturing.
- Modelling of discrete event dynamic systems in manufacturing
- Multi-Agent Systems in industry; Control with distributed intelligence
- Intelligent Manufacturing Systems; Holonic Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Product intelligence: concepts, architectures, implementation, use cases
- Industrial Internet of Things / Physical Internet
- Dynamic and green infrastructure for sustainable manufacturing
- Predictive resource maintenance and risk management
- Mixed production planning and scheduling
- Manufacturing Integration Framework; Virtual factory, supply chains and logistics
- Cloud Manufacturing and resource virtualization
- Digital Twins and Digital Shadows for resource and product virtualization
- Edge and Fog Computing for Industrial Internet of Things
- Servitization and Product-Service Systems; Service-oriented manufacturing
- Bio-inspired theories for smart manufacturing and evolutionary robotics
- Big Data and the contextual enterprise
- Cyber-Physical Production Systems and Industry 4.0
- Humans in Industry 4.0
All papers accepted for presentation will be included in the SOHOMA’20 Proceedings volume published in Springer book series “Studies in Computational Intelligence” which is ISI WoS indexed.
- Full paper submission: April 15th, 2020
- Notification of acceptance: May 25th, 2020
- Final, Camera-ready paper submission: June 25th, 2020
- Early registration and fee payment: July 25th, 2020
24th International Conference on System Theory, Control and Computing (ICSTCC), 8 – 10 October 2020, Sinaia, Romania
The main goal of the conference is to provide a multidisciplinary forum between researchers from industry and academia to discuss state-of-the-art topics in system theory, control and computing, and to present recent research results and prospects for development in this evolving area. The conference Proceedings will be submitted to IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and will be indexed in Clarivate Analytics Web of Science.
Topics of ICSTCC 2020:
- Automation and Robotics
- Linear and Nonlinear Control System Design;
- System Identification and Process Modelling;
- Robust and Adaptive Control;
- Robotics and Intelligent Control;
- Applications & Case Studies in Automation & Robotics;
- Embedded Systems;
- Automotive and Aerospace Applications.
- Computer Science and Computer Engineering
- Distributed Systems and Software Engineering;
- Databases, Systems of Programs and Expert Systems;
- Web services, Internet Security;
- Software Tools and Methods;
- Grid Computing;
- Artificial Intelligence;
- Computer Architectures.
- Electronics and Instrumentation
- Modelling, Simulation and CAD Tools;
- Signal Processing and Communication Systems;
- Linear and Nonlinear Circuits and Systems;
- Evolutionary Electronics.
- May 17th, 2020: Submission of papers
- June 28th, 2020: Notification of acceptance for papers and invited sessions
- July 26th, 2020: Final camera ready manuscript, registration and fee payment
- October 8-10, 2020: Conference
17th IFAC Symposium on Information Control Problems in Manufacturing (INCOM), 7 – 9 June 2021, Budapest, Hungary
The cyber-physical era, frequently called the 4th industrial revolution (Industry 4.0), i.e. the intersection of the two worlds in an unprecedented extent – like in other fields – fundamentally influences the modelling, management and control of the production structures from the processes/machines through the manufacturing systems and enterprises to the level of production networks including logistics.
The expectations towards cyber-physical production and logistics systems are versatile and enormous: robustness, autonomy, self-organization, self-maintenance, self-repair, transparency, predictability, efficiency, interoperability, global tracking and tracing, only to name a few. Though there are very important developments in cooperative control, multi-agent systems, complex adaptive systems, emergent systems, sensor networks, data mining, etc., even a partial fulfilment of these expectations represent real challenges for the research community. Information control, enhancing the utility of technologies for an effective management and organization of manufacturing resources, is a key issue for competitiveness.
Themes of INCOM 2020:
- Digitalization for Modelling and Controlling Smart Manufacturing Systems and Networks
- Modelling, control and optimization of smart production systems and networks
- Simulation, control and monitoring of resilient production systems and networks
- Operations management in production systems and logistics
- Lifecycle management, product-service systems and technologies
- Newest trends in enterprise modelling and information systems
- Human and social factors in production systems and networks
- New advances in robotics and autonomous systems
- Advanced reliability, maintenance and safety engineering and technologies
- Sustainable production, circular economy
- Biological transformation in production
- Human-robot cooperation
- Cyber-physical production and logistic systems
- AI and machine learning applications in production and logistics
Draft paper submission deadline: 30.09.2020.